If you have thinking that massage is very good for a healthy life, you might change your thoughts after reading this. Things can actually go wrong in massage or you can say a little bit sore in certain conditions. There are conditions when you should not book appointment to any kind of massage or you should have the proper knowledge of which massage will suit you in that particular condition.
When you experience the following, don’t even think of having a massage.
- If you have a fever
- If you had a recent accident
- If you are nauseated or dizzy
- If you have any wounds, severe sunburn, rashes or if you are bruised
You should first think of stabilizing yourself in these cases. After you are medically fit in these conditions, only than you can think of having a massage. Moreover, you can directly ask your physician or massager too in certain cases, about whether a massage can be helpful in the medical situation or not.
Other than these, many people suffer from condition, which they never like to inform to their massage therapists. Massage sometimes can make things very worse so before going to any conclusion, just check the list below and inform the therapist first so that your therapists have all the primary care before doing massage.
Ongoing Conditions That You Should Inform About
- If you are under any kind of medication
- If you have recently stopped any medications
- If you have any daily exercise suggested by physician
Conditions that you should tell about if you have (or had in some cases).
- Any contagious conditions of skin like boils, herpes or warts
- Any other bad skin conditions like sores, rashes or burns
- Any issue with the circulatory system like high blood pressure, stroke or varicose veins
- Any issues with the digestive systems like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers or colitis
- Any issues with endocrine system like thyroid dysfunction or diabetes
- Conditions related to musculoskeletal system like fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis or osteoporosis
- Lymph or immune system problems as HIV AIDS or chronic fatigue
- Nervous system problems like Parkinson’s disease or herpes
- Respiratory system problems like asthma
- Other miscellaneous conditions like migraines, pregnancy or cancer
These conditions must have a pre-announcement to the massage parlour. Other than these, you must give you therapists all the details of the oils or things you are allergic to. This can also lead to severe problems if you have allergy to any flower and therapist used that flower oil on you.